Yoshiyuki Takimoto, MD, Ph.D. Dr. Takimoto is Assistant professor at the Department of Psychosomatic and Behavioral Medicine, The University of Tokyo Hospital, and Vice-Director at the Clinical Ethics Center of The University of Tokyo Hospital. Dr Takimoto is also Visiting Lecturer at the Department of General Medicine, Kochi University of Medical Science, Japan. His research interests focus primarily on clinical ethics, such as issues on informed consent while in hospital care, end-of-life, and advance-directives. He is also interested in the approach method of hospital ethics consultation. Dr. Takimoto has been working as a hospital ethics consultant and as an educator on clinical ethics at The University of Tokyo Hospital.
- Ishizawa T, Yoshiuchi K, Takimoto Y, Yamamoto Y, Akabayashi A. Heart rate and blood pressure variability and baroreflex sensitivity in patients with anorexia nervosa. Psychosom Med. 2008 ;70:695-700.
- Otani M, Takimoto Y, Moriya J, Yoshiuchi K, Akabayashi A. Plasma intact fibroblast growth factor 23 levels in women with anorexia nervosa. Biopsychosoc Med. 2008;16;2:10.
- Takimoto Y, Yoshiuchi K, Akabayashi A. The mood effect on QT intervals and QT dispersion in eating disorders patients Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2008 ;62:185-9.
- Takimoto Y, Maeda S, Slingsby BT, Harada K, Nagase T, Nagawa H, Nagai R, Akabayashi A. A template for informed consent: An intervention study. Med Sci Monit 2007;13: 15-8,
- Moriya J, Takimoto Y, Yoshiuchi K, Shimosawa T, Akabayashi A. Plasma agouti-related protein levels in women with anorexia nervosa. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2006;31:1057-61..
- Takimoto Y, Yoshiuchi K, Kumano H, Kuboki T. Bulimia nervosa and abnormal cardiac repolarization. J Psychosom Res. 2006 ;60:105-7.
- Maeda S, Takimoto Y, Baba M. Consent form: Disclosure of sufficient information. MedSafeOJ 18, 2005.
- Akabayashi A, Slingsby BT, Takimoto Y. Conflict of interest: a Japanese perspective. Cambridge Quaterly of Healthcare Ethics. 2005 ;14:277-80.
- Takimoto Y, Yoshiuchi K, Kumano H, Yamanaka G, Sasaki T, Suematsu H, Nagakawa Y, Kuboki T. QT interval and QT dispersion in eating disorders. Psychother Psychosom. 2004 ;73:324-8.
- Takimoto Y, Inui A, Kumano H, Kuboki T. Orexigenic/anorexigenic signals in bulimia nervosa. Curr Mol Med. 2003 ;3:349-60.
- New Development in Eating Disorders Research, Pamela I. Swain ed
Arrhythmogenicity in Eating Disorders. P163-182
Nova Science Publisher New York 2006
- Pharmacotherapy of Cachexia, Karl
Anorexia: Central and Peripheral Mechanisms p17-30
CRC Press 2006
- MD, School of Medicine, Kobe University, Hyogo, Japan (1997)
- PhD, Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan (2004)
- Resident in Internal Medicine, Kobe University, Hyogo, Japan, 1997-1998
- Resident in Internal Medicine, Takatsuki Hospital, Osaka, Japan, 1998-1999
- Medical Staff in Psychosomatic Medicine, Branch Hospital, the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, 1999-2000
- Researcher, Center for Bioethics and Law, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan2004-2006
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, 2006-present